Field Training Officer Seminar – Course Overview
For a downloadable version of this program CLICK HERE
DAY 1: Key Elements of Successful Field Training Officer Programs
- Organizational Structure of a Field Training Program
- Managing/Supervision of the Field Training Program
- Selection and Training of the FTO
- Development of the Recruit Task Book
- Identify Content Validity and Reliability
- Separation/Termination Process
- Roles of Supervision and Management
- Customizing to your Agency – Modifying Evaluation Criteria
Day 2: Performance Evaluation:
- The “7 Point Rating Scale”
- Establish a content valid performance evaluation
- Objective use of the Standardized Evaluation Guidelines
- Providing honest and effective numerical and written documentation.
- Effective use of “Charting”
- Review examples of acceptable documentation
- Report Writing Exercises
Day 3: Practicing Evaluation & Documentation; Teaching and Learning
- Group exercises involving video scenarios utilizing the DOR and SEG.
- Practical narrative exercises
- Legal issues and the Field Training program
Day 4: Teaching and Learning
- Principals of behavior modification
- Adult learning principals
- Creating and maintaining an effective learning environment
- Laws of Learning
- Principals of human motivation
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding the generational difference
Day 5: Teaching and Learning, continues
- Adult education strategies
- Providing effective feedback
- Remedial training strategies & exercises
- Harnessing the power of the subconscious – “The Pygmalion Effect”
- Ethical issues and the Field Training Program
- Role Play exercises
- Test & Course Evaluation
Each student receives their own reference: The Field Training Concept in Criminal Justice Agencies; Glenn F. Kaminsky, Author.
All instruction is re-enforced with Practical Individual/Group Exercises, Videos, Handouts, In-depth Discussions, Role Plays, Power Point Presentations and Demonstration.
For more information on our FTO Course, please web form or call 303-358-9780.
Delivering high-quality education across the united states with basic training for FTOs to advanced training for experienced FTOs.