Communications Training Officer Seminar – Course Overview
For a downloadable version of this program CLICK HERE
DAY 1: Key Elements of Successful Field Training Officer Programs
- Organizational Structure of a Communications Training Officer Program
- Managing/Supervision of the Communications Training Officer Program
- Selection and Training of the CTO
- Development of the Task Book
- Identify Content Validity and Reliability
- Separation/Termination Process
- Roles of Supervision and Management
- Customizing to your Agency – Modifying Evaluation Criteria
- Legal issues and the Communications Training Officer Program
DAY 2: Performance Evaluation:
- The “7 Point Rating Scale”
- Establish a content valid performance evaluation
- Objective use of the Standardized Evaluation Guidelines
- Providing honest and effective numerical and written documentation.
- Effective use of “Charting”
- Review examples of acceptable documentation
- Report Writing Exercises
Day 3: Practicing Evaluation & Documentation; Teaching and Learning
- Group exercises involving video scenarios utilizing the DOR and SEG.
- Practical narrative exercises
- Adult learning principals
- Creating and maintaining an effective learning environment
- Laws of Learning
Day 4: Teaching and Learning
- Harnessing the power of the subconscious – “The Pygmalion Effect”
- Behavioral Modification
- Providing effective feedback
- Remedial training strategies & exercises
- Principals of human motivation
- Effective communication skills
Each student receives their own reference: The Field Training Concept in Criminal Justice Agencies; Glenn F. Kaminsky, Author.
All instruction is re-enforced with Practical Individual/Group Exercises, Videos, Handouts, In-depth Discussions, Role Plays, Power Point Presentations and Demonstration.
Questions regarding our CTO Course? Please contact us through our web form or call 303-358-9780.
Delivering high-quality education across the united states with basic training for FTOs to advanced training for experienced FTOs.